Cyber Liability & Data Breach Insurance
Did you know a lost or stolen laptop could cost you nearly $50,000?
It could be a lost laptop or a cyber-attack on your computer network by hackers a world away. Every data breach is different and requires a smart, strategic response. The financial implications for a small business or independent contractor affected by a data breach can be devastating. In fact, studies show that 60 percent of small businesses go out of business within six months of experiencing a data breach.*
This program is designed to provide the critical insurance coverage needed to help protect against the financial burden created by a data breach – for as little as $12.92 a month.
*Source Verizon Data Breach Investigations Report
This Cyber Liability Insurance is specifically for:
- Life and Health Agents
- Registered Reps
- Investment Advisors and Financial Planners
- Property & Casualty Agents
- Real Estate Agents
Reasons to consider a Cyber Liability & Data Breach policy:
- Responding to a breach is not only costly — it's complex. Experts from multiple disciplines—from forensic investigators, to public relations firms, to privacy counsel — may be needed to mount a coordinated response to even a small incident.
- A single laptop left on a commuter train or stolen at an airport can cost an agent nearly $50,000 — most of that being expenses to respond to data breached—or potentially breached.
- State and federal regulations dictate proper handling of private information. If this information is breached, agents must navigate the different laws in 46 states that mandate how victims must be notified.
- Even if you outsource data handling, your exposure stays in-house. Some 70 percent of small businesses report that breaches are more likely to occur when outsourcing data.
- The exposure is not just from hackers intruding on electronic systems. Breaches are caused by everything from lost, discarded, or stolen laptops, PDAs, smart phones, and portable memory devices, to innocent procedural errors and acts of disgruntled employees.
Pricing & Coverage Options
NAPA Member Pricing
- $250,000 per claim/annually, up to 2,500 affected individuals for $158 annually or $45.92 down and $12.92 monthly
- $1,000,000 per claim/annually, up to 10,000 affected individuals for $291 annually or $64.37 down and $23.33 monthly
- $250,000 per claim/annually, up to 2,500 affected individuals for $194 annually or $84.41 down and $15.42 monthly
- $1,000,000 per claim/annually, up to 10,000 affected individuals for $327 annually or $102.87 down and $25.83 monthly
All pricing includes a $25 admin fee and 6.5% applicable state and surplus lines taxes. Non-member pricing includes $36 NAPA dues. Monthly payment option includes monthly processing fee.
- New TRIA Coverage Endorsement Effective 4/1/17: Your policy now includes Terrorism Insurance Coverage – see policy for details.
- Incident response limit options of 2,500 to 10,000 impacted records available
- Expert forensic and legal assistance to help determine the extent of the breach and steps needed to comply with applicable laws
- Notification provided on a number of affected individuals basis, not a capped dollar amount, to persons who must be notified under applicable law or those who are determined to be subject to risk of financial, reputational or other harm
- Notified individuals receive an offer for 12 months of free 3-bureau credit monitoring, including services for minors
- Identity theft-related fraud resolution services for individuals who become victims of identity theft
- Loss control information service, including compliance and breach response information, email alerts of key legal and regulatory developments, and expert on-line support for client questions
- Click to download the $250k specimen policy
- Click to download the $1M specimen policy
Low Coverage Option
- Limit of 2,500 records for breach response notifications services
- 250K/250K for all other covered expenses – sublimits apply
- Sublimit of $50,000 for Crisis Management & Public Relations
- Sublimit of $50,000 for Legal and forensic expenses related to privacy breach services
- Sublimit of $10,000 for Foreign Notifications
- Sublimit of $250,000 for Regulatory Defense & Penalties
High Coverage Option
- 10,000 records for breach response notifications services
- $1M/$1M for all other covered expenses – sublimits apply
- Sublimit $250,000 for Regulatory Defense & Penalties
- Sublimit $100,000 for Crisis Management & Public Relations
- Sublimit $100,000 for Legal and forensic expenses related to privacy breach services
- Sublimit $25,000 for Foreign Notifications
Liability Coverage Limit Options
- $250,000 and 2,500 "notified individuals" per claim/annual aggregate
- $1,000,000 and 10,000 "notified individuals" per claim/annual aggregate
- $2,500 (damages, forensics, legal fees, public relations, network security)
Program Retention – Notification Services
- Notification Services available for data breach affecting more than 100 individuals (first individual coverage)
- Below 100 individuals #800 resource still available and damages may be covered, subject to policy terms and conditions
Certain Underwriters A Lloyd's
This policy is underwritten by certain underwriters at Lloyds on a surplus lines basis. Lloyd's syndicates are rated A (Excellent) by A.M. Best and A+ (Strong) by Standard & Poors.
This policy is subject to state limitations and may not be available in your state. Surplus lines carriers do not have certain state protections.
Pay in full or choose monthly payments via credit card or electronic funds transfer (EFT)
This insurance is issued pursuant to the Florida surplus lines law. Persons insured by surplus lines carriers do not have the protection of the Florida insurance guaranty act to the extent of any right of recovery for the obligation of an insolvent unlicensed insurer. Surplus lines insurers' policy rates and forms are not approved by any Florida regulatory agency.