Put Family First This Holiday
By Kiersten Brauner
When you think of the holidays, the first thing that comes to mind is usually good cheer, but the holiday season is also an important time of year to ensure your family's protection. According to The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHSTA), the daily death toll from drunk driving incidents is highest during the holidays.
Here are some roadway statistics to think about this season:
- The average number of alcohol-related fatalities per day is 36.
- The average number of alcohol-related fatalities per day during the holidays is 45.
- The average number of alcohol-related fatalities on New Year’s is 54.
- 31% of all traffic fatalities during the year involve a drunk motorist.
- 38% of all traffic fatalities during the holidays involve a drunk motorist.
- 41% of all traffic fatalities on New Year’s involve a drunk motorist.
So ask yourself, are you protected from drivers who indulge too much in holiday spirits? If you or any of your family members plan on getting behind the wheel this holiday, you are at risk.
Don't take any chances with life's most precious gifts, protect the ones you love and celebrate peace of mind this holiday.